Sandals Resorts International has followed up on their successful launch last year of five overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica with nine overwater bungalows at Sandals Grande St. Lucian. These overwater bungalows introduced to the Caribbean region by Sandals Resorts after decades of popularity in the South Pacific are proving hugely popular with couples on honeymoon or a romantic vacation. In fact, the five overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean along with the nine ones newly launched at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian are booked out a year in advance so couples need to lock down their reservation early.
Taking inspiration from the Tahitian-style bungalows, these nine overwater bungalows at Sandals Grande St. Lucian are all designed with hardwood floors and vaulted ceiling. They also include:
- * Glass vision floor panels and lit water with underwater views at any time, day or night
- * A custom crafted king-size bed adorned with soft linens and plush pillows
- * A private outdoor Tranquility Soaking Tub which offers spectacular ocean views
- * A bathroom with his and hers sinks, a large backlit mirror adorned with mosaic tile, and a walk-in rain shower plus an outdoor shower
- * A personal smart TV, with a large ceiling fan
- * In-room bar with premium liquor
- * A private patio with an extended sun deck
- * Outdoor sun loungers and a bistro set for two
- * An over-water hammock for a relaxing swing
To top it off, couples staying in these nine overwater bungalows at Sandals Grande St. Lucian are each assigned a private butler to meet their every wish and command, including 24-hour room service.
Couples who wish to have a weddingmoon can get married or renew their vows before starting their honeymoon at the nearby revamped Over The Water Serenity Chapel at Sandals Grande St Lucian resort. With panoramic views of the spectacular Rodney Bay, the open-air, all-white, glass ailed chapel seats thirty guests inside with an additional ten guests on the small patio behind the altar.
Sandals Grande St. Lucian the location for these new Sandals Resorts overwater bungalows was opened in 2002. One of the premier luxury hotels in Saint Lucia which is known as a romantic destination in the Caribbean, Sandals Grande St. Lucian is located 6 miles northwest of the capital city of Castries and has 311 room and suites in 17 different categories.
Note: Twelve more overwater bungalows are due to open later this year at Sandals South Coast in Jamaica. In total, Sandals Resorts owns and operates 24 all-inclusive luxury hotels across seven Caribbean destinations.
Latest posts by Ursula Petula Barzey (see all)
- History of Pigeon Island in St Lucia – 5 Thing To Do At Pigeon Island National Landmark - November 20, 2019
- 5 Essential Elements For Developing Sustainable Tourism In The Caribbean - September 16, 2019