About Caribbean & Co.
Hello and welcome to Caribbean & Co. founded by Ursula Petula Barzey (me!!) who loves traveling the Caribbean in search of the best cultural and foodie adventures, places to stay, and live/work opportunities. Established in 2014, Caribbean & Co. has been nominated for seven travel media awards and won five in recent years.
I was inspired to launch this website while working on the marketing campaign to promote Montserrat’s 50th Annual Festival now renamed Montserrat Carnival. While researching websites to promote the festival, I was surprised to discover that there were very few Caribbean travel blogs and Caribbean travel guides written by people who are actually from the Caribbean.
With Caribbean & Co., my aim is to promote Caribbean travel, culture and its expanding luxury lifestyle to potential visitors from across the globe including its three main source markets the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. I am also interested in encouraging inter-regional travel. I aim to do this by focusing on things to do and where to stay while on vacation in the Caribbean. Also, I am keen to showcase that there is more to the Caribbean than the sun, sand, and sea.
This includes the returning diaspora as well as others who appreciate the Caribbean’s rich culture, heritage and want to take advantage of emerging business and investment opportunities.
I currently reside in London (UK), but travel to the Caribbean often, especially to Montserrat to visit my biggest fan, my 100-year-old grand-aunt Mary Dorthy Irene Barzey-Allen, the matriarch of the Barzey family. If you’d like to work with me to promote your Caribbean destinations or brand/company check out my services page. You can request a media kit by contacting me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form.
TRAVEL MEDIA NOMINATIONS & AWARDS
o Finalist – Best Storytelling, 2022 Traverse Creator Awards.
o 15 BAME High Fliers in the Travel Industry, World Travel Market (October 2020).
o Finalist – Best Responsible (Sustainable Travel) Piece, 2021 Traverse Creator Awards
o First Runner Up – Best Social Media Campaign Award, 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Second Runner Up – Best Online or Blog Feature, 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – 2018 Most Impactful Influencer Award, Grenada Tourism Authority
o Winner – Best of the Best Award, 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – Best Caribbean Roundup Award, 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – Best Social Media Campaign Award, 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – Best Blog Post, #ThreeGallery Campaign with Mobile Photography Exhibition, Traverse Events
o 2018 Top 10 Luxury Blogs, Trips100.co.uk
AS SEEN IN
PRESS RELEASES & EVENTS
- Caribbean & Co. Founder Wins Three Caribbean Travel Media Awards From The Caribbean Tourism Organization. (November 14, 2018).
- Caribbean & Co. Founder Wins Most Impactful Influencer Award From The Grenada Tourism Authority. (November 12, 2018)
- Caribbean & Co. Launches 7 Steps Citizenship Course. (January 12, 2017).
- Caribbean & Co. to host Caribbean Bloggers Week 2016 – London Meetup. (November 1, 2016).
- Digital Platform for Caribbean Luxury Brands Launched. (June 18, 2014).
- A Brief History of the Irish in Montserrat. (September 21, 2022). Strictly Facts Podcast.
- Caribbean Travel. (August 31, 2022). Sunbeam Chats Podcast.
- Exploring Caribbean Citizenship & Moving to the Caribbean. (February 1, 2022). Carry On Friends The Caribbean American Podcast.
- Lessons from the life story of Montserratian Entrepreneur Dorothy Kirwan Thomas, aka Queen of Demerara. (July 19, 2022). Montserrat Calabash Festival.
TRAVEL CONFERENCES &
- Presenter: Importance of Search Engine Optimization and Storytelling in Government Communications, Sint Eustatius (Statia) Government Information Services. (February 2023).
- Panelist: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Tourism: From Women- and PoC Empowerment through equitable recruitment to Vaccine Equity, ITB Berlin, (March 2022).
- Presenter/Panelist: Inclusion – How The Industry Can Best Reflect The Face Of Travel, Propel: FORWARD Conference. (February 2021).
- Panelist: The Black Traveler – Insights, Opportunities & Priorities study with MMGY Global. (January 2021).
- Panelist: Under The Influence: Paving The Way For Diversity In Travel, Caribbean Tourism Organization – UK & Europe Chapter (April 2019).
- Panelist: Turning Your Passion Into Profit, Women in Travel (CIC). (October 2018).
- Organizer & Host for London Meetup, Caribbean Bloggers Week. (December 2016).
- Presenter: Mastering Facebook, British Guild of Travel Writer. (March 2016).
- Expert, USA Today 2023 Caribbean Readers’ Choice Awards. (January 2023).
- Expert, USA Today 2022 Caribbean Readers’ Choice Awards. (January 2022).
- Judge, Jamaica Christmas Cake Fest, Jamaica Tourism Board. (December 2018).
Below is a sampling of destinations and brands that Caribbean & Co. has successfully worked with. If you’d like to partner, please do get in touch via email at email@example.com or by using the contact form.