About Caribbean & Co
Hello and welcome to Caribbean & Co. founded by Ursula Petula Barzey who loves traveling the Caribbean in search of the best cultural and foodie adventures, places to stay, and live/work opportunities. Established in 2014, Caribbean & Co. has been nominated for seven travel media awards and won five in recent years.
I was inspired to launch this website while working on the marketing campaign to promote Montserrat’s 50th Annual Festival now renamed Montserrat Carnival. While researching websites to promote the festival, I was surprised to discover that there were very few Caribbean travel blogs and Caribbean travel guides written by people who are actually from the Caribbean.
With Caribbean & Co., my aim is to promote Caribbean travel, culture and its expanding luxury lifestyle to potential visitors from across the globe including its three main source markets the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. I am also interested in encouraging inter-regional travel. I aim to do this by focusing on things to do and where to stay while on vacation in the Caribbean. Also, I am keen to showcase that there is more to the Caribbean than the sun, sand, and sea
This includes the returning diaspora as well as others who appreciate the Caribbean’s rich culture, heritage and want to take advantage of emerging business and investment opportunities.
I currently reside in London (UK), but travel to the Caribbean often, especially to Montserrat to visit my biggest fan, my 100-year-old grand-aunt Mary Dorthy Irene Barzey-Allen, the matriarch of the Barzey family. If you’d like to work with me to promote your Caribbean destinations or brand/company check out my services page. You can request a media kit by contacting me via email at email@example.com or by using the contact form.
TRAVEL MEDIA AWARDS
o First Runner Up – Best Social Media Campaign Award, 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Second Runner Up – Best Online or Blog Feature, 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – 2018 Most Impactful Influencer Award, Grenada Tourism Authority
o Winner – Best of the Best Award, 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – Best Caribbean Roundup Award, 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – Best Social Media Campaign Award, 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, Caribbean Tourism Organization
o Winner – Best Blog Post, #ThreeGallery Campaign with Mobile Photography Exhibition
o 2018 Top 10 Luxury Blogs, Trips100.co.uk
AS SEEN IN
- December 2019: Judge, Jamaica Christmas Cake Fest, Jamaica Tourism Board
- April 2019: Panelist, Under The Influence: Paving The Way For Diversity In Travel, Caribbean Tourism
Organization – UK & Europe Chapter
- December 2018: Judge, Jamaica Christmas Cake Fest, Jamaica Tourism Board
- October 2018: Panelist, Turning Your Passion Into Profit, Women in Travel (CIC)
- December 2016: Organizer & Host for London Meetup, Caribbean Bloggers Week
- March 2016: Presenter, Mastering Facebook, British Guild of Travel Writers
- November 14, 2018: Caribbean & Co. Founder Wins Three Caribbean Travel Media Awards From The Caribbean Tourism Organization
- November 12, 2018: Caribbean & Co. Founder Wins Most Impactful Influencer Award From The Grenada Tourism Authority
- January 12, 2017: Caribbean & Co. Launches 7 Steps Citizenship Course
- November 1, 2016: Caribbean & Co. to host Caribbean Bloggers Week 2016 – London Meetup
- June 18, 2014: Digital Platform for Caribbean Luxury Brands Launched
Below is a sampling of destinations and brands that Caribbean & Co. has successfully worked with. If you’d like to partner, please do get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form.