DATE: July 25th to August 6th, 2019
Recognized worldwide for its display of arts, culture, music, and revelry, Antigua Carnival now in its 63rd year is truly unique. This 10-day Caribbean festival which celebrates the island’s emancipation from slavery in 1834, fuses together creative talents and skills that burst into a kaleidoscope of color and entertainment, leaving no room for dull moments. The Antigua Carnival schedule includes days and nights of elegant pageantry to the rhythmic sound of the steel pan or iron band with visitors and residents alike trapped in a party frenzy, fulfilling their cultural cravings by the end of the festivities.
For anyone who wants an insight or perhaps a hands-on experience of the Antiguan culture, then visiting between late July and August for Antigua Carnival will address every question, and leave you wanting more. One thing you can expect to see during Antigua Carnival are thousands of intricate, hand-made costumes exuberating with festive colors, lavish feathers, gems, and sequins gleaming in the tropical sun.
Whether you’re busy getting sprayed with water and paint at the crack of dawn during the massive J’ouvert, waving your rags and jumping to your favorite infectious soca song, or simply banging on an old frying pan in the iron band, you are guaranteed a good time. Even if you are one of the thousands lined up at the side of the road watching the splendor unfold, you are in for a festive feast as Antigua Carnival is for everyone.
From July 25th to August 6th, 2019, witness the transformation, taste the culture, and avoid the regret of not visiting Antigua & Barbuda, for the Caribbean’s Greatest Summer Festival. Check out the Antigua Carnival schedule below and reach out to SN Travel to who have put together a number of Antigua Carnival vacation packages.
Antigua Carnival 2019 Schedule
Antigua Carnival is typically scheduled for the last weekend in July until the first Tuesday in August. The 2019 Antigua Carnival schedule is as follows:
- * Thursday, July 25th: Opening Parade & Ceremony, and Junior Party Monarch
- * Friday, July 26th: – Queen of Carnival
- * Saturday, July 27th: T-shirt Mas
- * Sunday, July 28th: Junior Carnival and State Insurance Corporation Junior Calypso Monarch
- * Monday, July 29th: Mr & Miss Teenage Pageant
- * Tuesday, July 30th: Ricardo Drue presents Drue’s Day
- * Wednesday, July 31st: Jaycees Queen Show
- * Thursday, August 1st: Caribbean Melting Pot
- * Friday, August 2nd: Calypso Monarch
- * Saturday, August 3rd: Panorama Competition
- * Sunday, August 4th: Party Monarch
- * Monday, August 5th: J’ouvert, Carnival Monday – Judging of the Troupes and Groups
- * Tuesday, August 6th: Carnival Tuesday – Parade of the Troupes and Groups
Antigua Carnival 2019 Packages from SN Travel
SN Travel a specialist Caribbean travel agency based in London is offering the following Antigua Carnival packages:
* 8 Nights departing 30th July OR 14 Nights departing 24th July
* 8 Nights £1440 or 14 Nights £1936
* Return flights from London Gatwick Airport
* 3 Star all-inclusive accommodation at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort
* All meals, snacks, and alcohol while you are at the hotel
For more information about this offer along with other options, get in touch with SN Travel directly.
Antigua Carnival Competition
Not only have SN Travel put together a number of Antigua Carnival vacation packages, but they are also running a competition related to the festival. Specifically, UK residents 18 and over can enter to win 7 nights in Antigua for Antigua Carnival! Find out more via SN Travel competition.
For more information about Antigua Carnival, check out their official website along with Caribbean & Co. blog posts 7 Things To Know About Antigua Carnival and Exploring The Historic City Of St John’s Antigua.
- Market Street, St. John's Antigua & Barbuda