Are you a chocolate lover currently researching options for your next Caribbean vacation? If so, then consider attending the Grenada Chocolate Festival from May 11th to May 19th, 2018. Organized by the True Blue Bay, a boutique resort located on the south coast of Grenada, visitors to this 9-day chocolate-themed festival will have the opportunity to:
1. Partake in a unique visitor experience based around Grenada’s pure, delicious, organic and sustainable cocoa and chocolate.
2. Become a farmer for a day and experience the old fashion and ethical way to grow and pick organic cocoa.
3. Learn from Grenadian artisans how hand-made, small-batch, ethically-produced, tree to bar chocolate is created.
Coca pods, beans and chocolate bars from The Grenada Chocolate Company. Photo: ©Flickr/GrenadaChocolateFestival.
4. Discover the aromas, flavors, scents, and benefits of luxurious pure cocoa butter and chocolate.
5. Take a journey through the history of chocolate, barter with cocoa beans as the Mayas did, learn to grind cocoa the old fashioned way and taste a wide range of decadently delicious chocolate food and desserts.
6. Kick back and relax with their friends while indulging with aromas of locally brewed chocolate beer and rums.
Grenadian rum and other ingredients for chocolate inspired cocktails. Photo: ©Flickr/GrenadaChocolateFestival.
7. Dance to local drums by a bonfire at the beach, enjoying chocolate Pina Coladas and other exotic chocolate-inspired Caribbean cocktail.
8. Learn about other Caribbean and Latino American chocolates.
9. Discover the beautiful and pure island of Grenada, its friendly people, and pristine natural environment.
A view of Fort George in Saint George’s, Grenada. Photo: ©Flickr/David Kirsch.
With the myriad of coca-related events and activities planned, chocolate lovers staying at the True Blue Bay Resort or Mount Cinnamon Resort and Beach Club — another host for the Grenada Chocolate Festival — are sure not to be disappointed. And really, there is no better place in the Caribbean for this experience than Grenada known as “the Island of Spice, due to its position as a leading producer of spices including cinnamon, cloves, ginger, mace, allspice, orange/citrus peels, wild coffee, nutmeg and organic cocoa.” Plus Grenada at 133 square miles (344 square kilometers), with an estimated population of 110,000 is also home to miles of unspoiled white sand beaches, verdant green rolling hills, mountainous peaks, winding rivers, and cascading waterfalls. These two things combined make Grenada the perfect Caribbean destination for chocolate lovers!
For flight and hotel deals to Grenada and the rest of the Caribbean, check out our Caribbean travel partner, Expedia. For just hotel deals in Grenada, visit Booking.com which compares prices across all the major travel sites.
Like this post?
Chocolate lovers should consider travel to the True Bay Blue, a boutique resort located on the south coast of the Caribbean island of Grenada for the annual Grenada Chocolate Festival.
Latest posts by Ursula Petula Barzey (see all)
- Sample Traditional Grenadian Food Via Savor The Spice Tour - June 27, 2018
- 5 Must-Do Chocolate Experiences In Grenada - June 13, 2018